Monday, December 2, 2013

Allegro re-do

Well, with the sound of Da Vinci's viola organista in my head ever since yesterday (Mark and I listened to a youtube of Slawomir Zubrzycki playing his marvelous instrument, made from sketches--not plans--by Leonardo Da Vinci) I attempted a slower tempo on Bach's Allegro. My last post had the metronome cranked up to 146, I believe! This time it was a more reasonable 125, but is it still too fast? I admit, I had a really good take, but there were twangs on the recording because the levels were too high, so I couldn't post them...tried again and this time had problems with intonation (just being slightly too sharp the whole time wasn't too terrible, but I just hated the idea of posting it knowing it to be so) and so I tried again and am now completely out of time. Monday rust has been somewhat attended to, though :)

No comments:

Post a Comment