Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Bach C Major: it's not easy to record oneself

Well, this recording will make it painfully clear why musicians don't post their recordings of themselves...and I almost didn't, except that's the point of this blog!  I didn't have much time to work on this, so I "had fun" recording the piano part and then the flute part, using a metronome to keep myself together. Some musical choices I would have liked to do differently, but I sure learned a lot.

Another item to note is that I didn't take any repeats on the Allegro movement.  My friend Sarah thinks I never take repeats, but I do...just not when I don't have to :)

I miss Sarah a lot.  She's a huge reason why I'm doing this.  Before she left to sail around the world (see clipperroundtheworld.com) we played duets every week and had orchestra together, too.  She's doing what she loves and I'm so proud of her!  Can you imagine sailing around the world?  Well, I figure what I'm doing isn't so interesting or brave or even challenging as that, but posting this link is like the deal breaker: either I really embarrass myself or don't do it at all, and I guess I'm going to just do it.

Yes, the second movement is too fast.  That's the kind of thing you find out when you listen to yourself, but don't realize when you're actually playing.  And I've learned this lesson before!  I should know better!

Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this is beautiful Amelia! Would love to listen to your music in person some day :)

    ReplyDelete